What is the Eventice?
- An Apprentice-style competition for final year students taking place at International Confex
- Three days of challenges, that will test your ability to multi task, organise, project manage, negotiate, network and present, all useful skills when working in the industry.
- The chance to win a prestigious graduate job in the events industry
Congratulations to the winners of The Eventice 2017!
Carianne de Koning
who won a job at Identity Group
who won a job at Easyfairs
who won a job at Bluehat Group
Congratulations also to Emma Rickwood, who secured a role at Bluehat Group
If you’re interested in taking part next year, take a look at what some of this year’s students had to say:
"The Eventice is a great experience no matter if you win or not. It gives you the opportunity to push yourself in tasks that give you skills for future careers. The three days are so much fun and you get to meet a great group of people. If you aren't lucky enough to get a job through The Eventice, it can also open so many doors for you and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone in their final year at university"
Laura Barron, Leeds Beckett University
"The entire process was invaluable in terms of the experience and opportunities it provided. The tasks are all of a really high standard and represent real life scenarios that a graduate event management student might be faced with in the industry."
Joe Oakley, University Of Central Lancashire
“The Eventice 2017 was such an amazing learning experience! My advice for anyone wanting to apply is to go for it! What have you got to lose? You will not regret the decision, and you will come away with an amazing learning curve and new friends, and possibly even a job in the events industry!
Ellie Tuohy, Southampton Solent University
"The Eventice is a truly amazing experience and I had such a brilliant time! I learnt so many new skills and exercised my existing ones. It was great to meet so many enthusiastic and hard working individuals and also work with industry experts. Each task is designed to bring out the best in you so if you're thinking of applying, do it!"
Emma Rickwood, University of Winchester
“I had a fantastic few days at The Eventice 2017! Great opportunity to network and meet other aspiring final year students! Our final day at Confex was also a great chance to engage with exhibitors. I would highly recommend this to final year event students. I feel a lot more confident going into future interviews as this was essentially a 2 day interview!”
Shanice Thomas, University of Hertfordshire
Watch this space for the entry dates and details for Eventice 2018
Here is what you will have to do to apply!
You will need to create a two-minute video which you will need to upload to YouTube, which answers the following questions:
- Why did you choose events as a career?
- If you had to create a panel of three well-known celebrities for Celebrity Question Time, who would they be and why?
- What would your first question be for each of the panel?
- If you had to pick a well-known song that would describe the sound track of your life, what would it be and why? (e.g. Ready for the Weekend, Calvin Harris or I Didn’t Know My Own Strength, Whitney Houston).
- What have you got to offer the employer of the Eventice over the other candidates taking part?
Taking part in the Eventice is free for all final year event management students, all you have to do is upload the video to YouTube, then send a link for the video to with a copy of your CV including your name, email address and daytime telephone number and a profile picture. You will also need to provide the name of the course you are taking, graduation date and the name of your university.
- When creating your video, try and make it as creative and innovative as possible. This is your chance to shine and stand out from the crowd.
- The length of the video should be two minutes. There is some flexibility, but those who can’t follow instructions will not make a great first impression! Anyone who sent a 3+ minute video last year was disqualified.
- With the Celebrity Question Time question, think outside of the box – answers like Richard Branson, Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama have been said many times.
- Try to avoid being filmed behind a desk or just reading your answers, try and seem more natural (if you can do it on Snapchat, you can do it in your video!).
- Make sure you show your personality in the video.
Also please follow https://twitter.com/Eventice_ for news